PCS 2021 Mains Exam Syllabus
Paper 1: General English language
- Vocabulary and grammar
- Verbs, idioms, and tenses
- Phrase corrections
- Sentence completion
- Paragraph writing
- Precise writing
Paper 2: General Punjabi language
- Essay writing
- Letter writing
- Grammatical concepts
- Language quotes and explanations
- Descriptive writing
- Paragraph and precise writing
Paper 3: General Essay
In this section, candidates need to write essays on different topics. The candidates get the flexibility to
choose from different topics asked in the exam, but make sure to maintain the word limit mentioned in the
Paper 4: General Aptitude 1
- Indian language, Indian culture
- Geographical studies.
- Detailed information about the state of Punjab
- Constitution and law-making
- Governance and international relations.
Paper 5: General Aptitude 2
- Studies related to the environment
- Science and technology
- Case studies
- Latest and innovative problem-solving techniques
- Graphs and related problems
- Questions on various topics related to the candidates’ level of understanding will be asked.
- Personality test includes testing a candidate’s understanding for higher managerial roles.